Oct 22, 2012

Pumpkin Aftermath!

Ok so after all of the pumpkin carnage that took place yesterday, there were some leftovers! We roasted the pumpkin seeds with sea salt (I've been munching on them all day!) and with the flesh that we scraped out, I am making pumpkin soup!

First I had to boil some chicken to make some chicken stock for the base! I added 1 bay leaf, coriander. parsley, and thyme to the pot. I let that boil for about 1 1/2 hours. I pulled the chicken and bay leaf from the pot and added in the 8 cups of pumpkin flesh, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, 1 diced Walla Walla onion, 3 tablespoons of seasoning salt, 1/2 stick of butter, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, and 2 teaspoons of ground white pepper. 1 hour later, once the pumpkin was soft, I pureed the soup with a handheld blender.

Then I took the chicken and sliced it into 1/2 inch pieces and put that in an oven safe cake pan. I then cored and sliced (into rings) 1 Honeycrisp apple and put a layer over the chicken. Covered in foil and will put in the oven until chicken is hot and the apple rings are tender.

These will be served with yummy yeast rolls, for dinner tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OHMYWORD you DO things and bake and make fun things. Crap. Now you need to post more!